Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year

2012 - A new year; a chance to start over!

Hubby is not big on New Year's Resolutions. I'm enough of a cynic that I usually agree with him. But this year, I think I'm going to turn over a new leaf.

Starting today.

I resolve to get out of my funk (again) and blog regularly. There are hundreds a handful of people who missed my writing.

I resolve that 2012 will be the year of the anti-pack rat. The kids and I purged their toys before the great birthday/Christmas/birthday toy explosion, but I did not get rid of as much as they received. And I didn't purge any of MY things... and I'm pretty sure that if there are clothes in my closet that I haven't worn in 10 years, I'm not going to ever. For one thing, I've had 2 kids. Nothing fits the same anymore. And I'm pretty sure the 90s won't be cool again for a long time... at least they shouldn't be.

I resolve to do more meal planning. I had enough time before a grocery trip this weekend to plan a month's worth of meals (at least weekdays). That means I have the all the ingredients on hand now, minus a few veggies and perishables that I can buy when I stock up weekly on milk, eggs, juice, etc.

There. It's a start. I'm going to try to set weekly goals for myself, and even write to-do lists (even though they normally give me panic attacks). Maybe I'll even start folding laundry and putting it away they same day I do it.

Nah. That's just crazy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment