Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

You and me baby ain't nothing but badgers...

There is nothing better to do on a sunny, 70-degree day than go to the zoo. My kids are obsessed with animals and I get an entire hour of silence (sometimes) in the car on the way home. Next time, I'm totally going through the Starbucks drive thru before we leave the big city. It'd be almost like being on my own coffee date. Winning!

I try not to brag about my kids like they are the smartest in the history of ever, but Nathaniel remembered a lot of the animals from our last visit a few weeks ago. He has trouble pronouncing "zebra," but gosh darn it, he remembered the honey badgers.

I said I had a headache!
But of course, we all will after today.

My darling children waltzed up to the badgers' area and he said, "Mommy, look, it's the honey badgers."

Before I had a chance to compliment him on his memory, I realized that someone should have hung a Do Not Disturb sign on the glass. They were doing it like they do on the Discovery Channel. My jaw dropped. I glanced at my friend who was covering her mouth and laughing.

Our kids, aged 4, 3, 2, and 1, had front row seats. 

"They're just wrestling," she said before any of the kids could even ask. Of course, Mrs. Badger wasn't so much participating in the "wrestling." Typical.

The kids continued to stare until Mr. Badger passed out on top of Mrs. Badger.

"Well I guess they're like humans after all," my friend said.

No comments:

Post a Comment