Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Everyone else is doing it...

... so I'm going to start a blog. It's about time for the whole blog craze to fizzle out, so I thought I'd give it a push in the right direction. I doubt I will have anything Earth-shatteringly interesting to say, but gosh darnit, I'm not going to be left out. Here is where I can rant about my crazy kids and my adventures in teaching myself to cook.

Today has been one of those days where I feel like I have it together. Something about insulating our attic in 90 degree heat over the weekend made me think I can accomplish pretty much anything. But I'm starting small - groceries and laundry. It's only 3 p.m. and I already have 3 loads folded - that's pretty much unheard of. Threw chicken in the crockpot early for tacos, which left time for Nathaniel and me to make yogurt freezer pops for dessert.

Go me!

Chicken Tacos
1 lb chicken breasts
1 jar salsa
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn

Place all ingredients in crockpot on low. Cook 6-8 hrs for frozen chicken, 4 hours if thawed. Shred chicken with forks and serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.

I didn't come up with it myself, thanks go to Jill!

2 comments:

  1. AH, I love days when you feel like have it all together!!! I think it makes those days when nothing goes right a little less painful.

    And welcome to the dark side my blogging friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds awesome ----- AND SIMPLE! welcome aboard!!!

    ReplyDelete