Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rainy Saturday

I woke up this morning to my favorite sleeping sound - a light rain. No thunder, no lightning, no need to run screaming for the bunker.

At what age do kids appreciate a rainy Saturday morning and want to stay in bed? I heard Leah squeak and then get quiet again, so obviously she gets it. Her big brother? Not so much. After much whining, cajoling and a trip to the potty, he finally dragged his drowsy parents out of bed.

Of course the rain means something else. The hubby's to do list is pretty much shot. Today was the day for all the outside prep for the annual extravaganza known as Fryman Family Fun Fest. His idea of helping includes spraying weeds, clearing the garage, and cleaning the red iron deposits off the house and lamp post where the sprinklers hit.

Don't get me wrong, those things need done. We like to pretend to our friends that our house always looks like that. But my list includes things that he would rank below a root canal - cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, and wiping down those corners of the house that only see a dust rag once a year. If I can keep the flow of coffee going, painting the kids' bathroom is also on my list. I got a raised eyebrow with that idea. Luckily my friend offered to bring her three rug rats over next week to keep mine occupied while I paint! We'll call that plan B.

Plan A would be getting it done today. If I can't stay in bed and sleep, I might as well be productive, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment