Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Yes, I would like some cheese with my whine

I'm in a whiny mood today.

I must have slept wonky last night because my back was hurting as soon as my alarm started blaring. Hot shower, stretching, ice packs, nothing helped.

I can tell ya vacuuming, dusting and cleaning the bathroom did NOT help either. Normally I'd say screw it, but since we have house guests this weekend with mega-allergies, I have to try and de-fur as much as possible.

Not being a lazy slug would've helped because if I was in any kind of shape (and not "round" like my friend says), I would use my back muscles for things besides hefting a 25-lb toddler and picking up every toy my children own 12 times a day. But that takes a) time, and b) money and most of the time, c) child care. Oh and it to be warmer than 40 degrees and with winds below 10 mph.

Hubby came home almost early with a migraine and the kids buried the living room carpet in every toy they own. So while he hid in our bedroom, they refused to eat and then refused to pick up their toys. All the while I was dreaming of laying in peace and quiet with the world's largest ice pack.

Of course once we found the carpet again, it was time for me to go to a school board meeting and then a quick trip to Wally World for the essentials. Ya know, bread, grapes, baby wipes, pumpkin spice creamer...

So now, here I am, article written, house only half cleaned and in desperate need of sleep.

Ice pack, here I come.

This is why I get paid the big bucks people. Oh wait, uh...

No comments:

Post a Comment