Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Man

Four years and one day ago, Hubby and I were on my way home from a concert in Fort Wayne, the day before my due date (because I'm that crazy). I had the next day off at work, and I was bound and determined not to waddle back in in another day still very pregnant.

Turns out, while time and deadlines sometimes escape me, my little man decided he needed to try to make his appearance right when he was supposed to - but he missed by about 3 hours. Nathaniel James came into this world at 3:16 a.m. Dec. 7, 2006 after 17 hours of labor, four games of darts while we waited to go to the hospital, two tries at the epidural, and one trip to Walmart to get something with a second hand to time my contractions.

You'd think we would've thought of that one in the previous nine months.

So today, I went to preschool with him to watch him enjoy his "leader day" and help with his snack. I watched him do his own thing, help his teachers, and proudly declare to everyone that he is now four. He showed a picture of himself, only days old, next to a teddy bear that was bigger than he was.



That was then. This is now.


What happened? Where did my little peanut go?

He is so big now... and my baby girl turns two in a few weeks. I don't think my nerves can take this.

No comments:

Post a Comment