Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Blur, revisited

Ahem.

My in-laws read my blog. Flattering and frightening all wrapped into one. But my father-in-law decided to enlighten me as to WHY opening Christmas presents with Hubby's family is like setting rabid squirrels onto a 10-lb jar of peanut butter.

I can't do it justice, so in his own words...


In years past we tried the one gift at a time routine. The problem is the math. Time vs people vs opening of said gifts.

Min number people 11 - could be much higher


Gifts given from 1 person to the other 1 (never this low, better average 2.5)


Time to open presents 5 min per person.


Min math 11*11*5=605 min /60 min = 10.08 hours min


Max math 11*27.5(2.5 gifts from each other gift giver) 302.5 min*5 min opening time = 1512.5 /60 min in an hour =25.20 hours 


Needless to say we did not have the time since every one was hungry.


I stand corrected. Bring on the paper cuts.

2 comments:

  1. I love that the math is all broken down. You can certainly tell where your hubby gets his smarts. :-)

    ReplyDelete