Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training, Part Deux

They say that boys are harder to potty train than girls. That may be the case, but so far, my little princess is far more entertaining than the first time around.

She has, on at least two occasions, peed standing up. And I don't mean straddling the toilet. I mean standing up, on a stool, facing the bowl - just like her big brother.

I kid you not.

The first time she got down from the dinner table and shuffled off to the potty, which is only across the hall. She didn't close the door and from my vantage point I could see her little butt... and then heard liquid hitting water.

The next time, she sneaked off on me, so I didn't actually SEE it, just the aftermath. In her defense, she's cleaner than her brother, who's been practicing at it for 2 years. Darn messy boys.

Last week, she decided she wanted to do - ahem - something else on the potty. I jumped at the opportunity to have diapers one more foot out the door. It took a half a dozen trips to sit for 5 seconds and be done before victory. Cha-ching!

Now we are onto big girl pants when we're home and pull-ups for when we're out. We've had a few accidents, but she is so excited to be a big girl, I'm pretty sure I'll have to rip off the band-aid soon and take her out of the house unprotected.

Of course, all this happened the day after I used up two about-to-expire coupons on more pull-ups. (Thanks Murphy... you and your laws) At least we'll be saving money that can be put toward more night time pull-ups for her older brother.

'Cause that problem ain't solving itself anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment