Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bait and Switch

Tuesday, it was the boy hollering and disrupting nap time for everyone.

Today, it's the little one.

We had a morning of running: to preschool, pharmacy, allergist, home, back to preschool, to my old office, out to lunch with said co-workers and then back home.

Everyone should be tired, right?

Nope. Just Momma.

Nathaniel took quiet time in his room reasonably well, once I told him any disruption would result in no outside time. Leah, not so much.

It's been an hour and a half. She's singing to herself in her room, probably emptying her dresser drawers and plotting world domination. Those pigtails will get her far, I tell ya.


Oh yeah... we're in trouble...

"Say Goodbye" from Crash

So here we are tonight,
you and me together
The storm outside, the fire is bright
And in your eyes I see
what's on my mind
You've got me wild
turned around inside
And then desire, see, is creeping
up heavy inside here
And know you feel the same way
I do now
Now let's make this an evening, 
we'll share some wine, maybe we'll get high.
Lovers for a night, lovers for tonight
Stay here with me, love, tonight
just for an evening
When we make
our passion pictures
You and me twist up
secret creatures
And we'll stay here
Tomorrow go back to being friends

No comments:

Post a Comment