Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

In a blink

Here we are, only a few days into September, but never fails, it will be over before I have time to enjoy it.

This really is my favorite month of the year: the weather is cooling off, fall is in the air and of course, my birthday. (Although this will be the last birthday I count... more on that another day)

But really, before I know it, we'll be buried in snow and I will be longing for warmer weather. I'll be cursing my closet too, wearing the same sweatshirts and fuzzy socks for days on end.

Now that I have preschool and other such activities to worry about, it's only going to go faster. We have school two days a week, plus fitting in the sanity-saving coffee and play dates. Soccer (aka magnet ball) starts next weekend, so that is 6 Saturday mornings gone.

Eek.

I'm already fretting about how to get through this week, with running here there and everywhere, so I guess I need to slow down and take it one day at a time. Worrying isn't going to change anything - things always work out in the end. If my laundry sits unfolded or I have to put makeup on looking into a toothpaste-splattered mirror, who cares?

And if somebody cares, you are more than welcome to come over and fold or clean for me. Really. I'd let you.

I'm actually scouring the house for all my DMB CDs. Right now there are still one or two MIA, but I hope I can track them down this week. Busted Stuff has some of my favorite songs on it, so I threw it in the car tonight on my drive. I had forgotten about this next song. It says everything about how I felt in high school. Makes me a little sad to listen to it, but we all grow up and move on, thank goodness. Those four years felt like forever, but luckily now, it just feels like it was gone in a blink too.

"Grey Street" from Busted Stuff

Oh how she wishes it were different
She prays to God most every night
And though she swears He doesn't listen
There's still hope in her He might
She says I pray
But they fall on deaf ears
Am I supposed to take it on myself
To get out of this place
There's a loneliness inside her
And she'd do anything to fill it in
And though it's red blood bleeding from her now
It feels like cold blue ice in her heart
When all the colors mix together
It's grey and it breaks her heart

No comments:

Post a Comment