Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Preschool

This little boy just finished his first week of preschool. 

There is no way that it has been almost 4 years since we took this picture. That was his first Christmas bear from my aunt and it was bigger than he was.

My little peanut came into this world at 6 lbs 14 oz and 18 inches long and just 3 hours past his due date. For the first two weeks, he wore preemie clothes that my aunt and grandmother hurriedly bought at the Walmart across from their hotel when they came to meet him. 

He quickly made up for his small size at birth and was one giant chub. Still short though. He was roly poly but started slimming down once he learned to move. He took his first steps for my birthday and was walking at 10 months. Talking took awhile. The word explosion everyone promised at 18 months, then 2 yrs didn't appear until last summer. 

So now just a year removed from really being able to communicate, he is off to school. 

What?! How did that happen?!

He wanted me to walk him in his first full morning. He was very concerned about how long I would be gone and said "But I will miss you so much Mommy." Then he heard one of the teachers mention chalk.

He was fine. 

The same boy who wouldn't look his teacher in the eye two days earlier got a glowing report at pick up yesterday. 

"Uh, yeah. Not shy!" she said with a laugh as she walked him to my car. 

"Oh yeah? He's over it?" I asked.

"Oh we're good. " She said.

Mommy's not so good though. He doesn't want to talk about school. There is an entire two-hour chunk of his day where I have no idea what happened. I heard there was play-doh involved. Perhaps bikes. That's all I know. 

Little sister will have a rough time next week when it's just the two of us too. Hubby said she walked around the house Tuesday morning calling for both of us. 

Maybe we'll both just wander around calling for him. 

"American Baby" from Stand Up
Stay beautiful baby
I hope you stay 
American baby...

I hold onto you, you lift me up
And always will
I see you in life
Hope I don't get left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment