Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh how I hate winter, let me count the ways...

I'm pretty sure my van used to be tan. It's now a filmy charcoal gray. And the forecast says snow for the next 4,532 days so why bother going through the car wash?

I didn't think it was possible, but sweeping and mopping my floors is even MORE of an exercise in futility. The roads are gross, which makes the garage floor gross, which makes the bottoms of our shoes gross, which makes my floors crunchy and majorly gross. Whoever designed this house without a mud room should have to come mop my floors daily from November to March.

I. Am. Always. Cold.

Because I'm always cold, I do nothing. I have arguments with myself about the benefits of sitting on the couch, curled up under a blanket vs. getting off my fluffy butt and doing housework. I understand that by moving, I will generate heat and raise my body temp naturally. But it's the same as hitting that snooze button in the morning, wishing that I could stay in my warm comfy bed forever. I have no rational thoughts before 9 a.m. and without at least 2 cups of coffee; my brain does the same thing when it's cold.

I am always inside (and cold) so I nibble on snacks all freakin' day. It's a good thing we got that Wii for Christmas so it can keep yelling "ooh" when I step on and make me feel like a major fluffy butt.

I drink way, way, way too much coffee. It's warm, and most of the time I make a cup and huddle over it for warmth.

I warmed my hands over the boiling pot of pasta for mac n cheese I made for my kiddos lunch the other day. The normal PB&J doesn't quite do that. It's sad, but I like to plan meals that require the oven so I can stand in the kitchen and warm up.

And on that note, it's time to start dinner... I'm thinking baked fish and mac n cheese. The oven AND boiling water. ;-)

How many days until spring??

No comments:

Post a Comment