Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

All I Want...

Ahhh... so today is my day, huh? I don't know, being a mom is the hardest job on the planet - I'm not sure just ONE day can really do justice to all the sacrifices we moms make.

I am appreciated, and sometimes it shows. Leah's new trick is to wander into the laundry room, see her clothes and ask if they're clean. When I tell her yes, I get a knee hug. "Oh fank you Mommy, fank you!"

I love Hubby and my children, and wouldn't trade them for the world. But I think my list of potential Mother's Day gifts is a bit more than they can handle.

Today, I want...

...to walk into a room with one task in mind and not be reminded of three more I have been ignoring.

...to have the trash cans emptied randomly on any day that is NOT trash day.

...the energy and attention span to read a book for more than five minutes.

...the time to shop for myself without a) feeling guilty, b) feeling rushed, or c) caving and shopping for everyone else.

...the entire world to stay home so we can go out to breakfast without waiting for 3 hours for a table.

...a spark of creativity so when Hubby asks what I want for dinner, I will actually have an answer besides "something I don't have to make or clean up."

...to go one day without applying stain stick to someone's clothing.

...a nap.

...a nap in a hot tub.

...a nap in a hot tub after a massage.

...a nap in a hot tub after a massage and a tasty beverage.

But most of all, I want a hug and a kiss from my own mom, so I can tell her how much I love her.

And that she has two amazing grandchildren who have a pretty alright mom themselves.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment