Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Done

If I get any more news - good or bad - I think my head will explode.

This week is normally a little hairy for me anyway, but the ups and downs of the people around me is taking its toll too.

My almost-like-the-little-brother-I-never-wanted came home from a tour in Afghanistan. To see pictures of him reunited with his wife and daughter is enough to make me a weepy, blubbery mess. I will definitely cry the next time I lay eyes on him. And that won't be soon enough.

A friend of a friend is having health issues, and all I can do is be her sounding board. I know a little about the hard road ahead, but all I can do is shake my head and murmur my sorrow. And offer to cook. Wait, scratch that. Don't want to cause more suffering ;-) When in doubt, bake. If my Nana never said that, she sure acted it. I've got a freezer full of bananas that would love to be bread...

And that is just within the last week or so. I can carry a grudge or a burden with the best of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment