Thursday, November 4, 2010
1) It's November. I just realized this. I mean, I knew that November comes after October, but I got a letter in the mail saying I'm in the pool for jury duty for ALL of 2011. I'm thinking, gosh, they're on top of things, 2011 is a long way off. Blink. Blink. Schnikes no it isn't! Crap.
2) I'm in the 2011 jury duty pool. I mentioned that I work for a newspaper twice and put my top fav shows as CSI and NCIS on the questionnaire. Think that'll discourage them?
3) My favorite metereologist (with whom I feel I can be on a first-name basis with), Rick, not only said a four-letter word (S-N-O-W) in his forecast last night, he said something that is worse than a four-letter word - a 14-letter phrase (L-A-K-E E-F-F-E-C-T S-N-O-W). Curse you Rick Mecklenburg!
4) Because it's November and it's gonna snow every day between now and May, I had to buy my kids snow boots today. Man is that depressing.
5) Spent our after dinner time last night cleaning out my van and it still stinks. Like I don't even know what. And we get to road trip in it this weekend. Awesome.
6) My 3-year-old's favorite answer to every question I ask him about preschool: "No. I don't know."
And he wore his shirt backwards today and his awesome Mommy didn't notice. I asked him about it when he got home.
Me: Hey buddy, did you know your shirt is on backwards?
N: No. I don't know.