Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Curse you...

It's not a great day. Here's why:

1) It's November. I just realized this. I mean, I knew that November comes after October, but I got a letter in the mail saying I'm in the pool for jury duty for ALL of 2011. I'm thinking, gosh, they're on top of things, 2011 is a long way off. Blink. Blink. Schnikes no it isn't! Crap.

2) I'm in the 2011 jury duty pool. I mentioned that I work for a newspaper twice and put my top fav shows as CSI and NCIS on the questionnaire. Think that'll discourage them?

3) My favorite metereologist (with whom I feel I can be on a first-name basis with), Rick, not only said a four-letter word (S-N-O-W) in his forecast last night, he said something that is worse than a four-letter word - a 14-letter phrase (L-A-K-E  E-F-F-E-C-T  S-N-O-W). Curse you Rick Mecklenburg!

4) Because it's November and it's gonna snow every day between now and May, I had to buy my kids snow boots today. Man is that depressing.

5) Spent our after dinner time last night cleaning out my van and it still stinks. Like I don't even know what. And we get to road trip in it this weekend. Awesome.

6) My 3-year-old's favorite answer to every question I ask him about preschool: "No. I don't know."

And he wore his shirt backwards today and his awesome Mommy didn't notice. I asked him about it when he got home.

Me: Hey buddy, did you know your shirt is on backwards?

N: No. I don't know.

Stellar.

4 comments:

  1. I also got the jury duty letter! And I'm buying boots tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH, maybe we'll get picked together! That would be disastrous for them!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm... lake effect snow has 14 letters... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. noted and changed. but you still suck.

    ReplyDelete