Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Breaking up is hard to do

I'm losing my good sleeper. And I'm ready to cry.



This is what Leah was doing six months ago. She would collapse into her bed at nap time and wouldn't move until 1.5 hours had passed. Longer if I was lucky. I never was. The good thing was she couldn't open her door, so she'd settle into her books and toys for a few minutes before hollering for Momma. She slept a solid 12 hours at night without a problem. 

Now she is all of 33 inches tall and has figured out how to open her own door. She's opening her door and peeking out for at least an hour after snooze time should have started. 

Tuesday, the unthinkable happened. 

She didn't nap. 

Today, she napped, but was still up and playing a full hour after her big brother passed out.

AAAAAHHHH!

I'm not ready! Nap time is my favorite time of day. I can let Nathaniel play Wii to his little heart's content and have 5 minutes of peace and quiet. Sometimes, when I'm feeling really wild and crazy, I'll grab the iPod and fold laundry. 

This is the beginning of the end. By this summer, I will have two children awake for the entire day. I can feel it.  Two kids who will get crazier and crazier the later in the day it gets. Which means Mommy will get crazier and crazier... wait, is that possible?

I don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment