Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My ears are buzzing

I was going to try to write about how no one in this house but my 4-year-old likes getting up early, but tonight was one of those nights where extra information entered my brain and now I can't think about anything else. Some of it was stupid Mommy drama that really isn't worth fussing over. The rest is gonna take some time to process.

I need to stew on it for awhile, but I definitely sense a post coming from this. According to the great state of Pennsylvania, my high school has the third LOWEST graduation rate in the STATE. Yes, worse than Pittsburgh city schools and every other school in the surrounding counties.

I can't wrap my head around that. I knew it was bad when I was there - we went from 180 in my freshman class to 98 graduating seniors. A few were legit transfers, but a lot weren't.  And there was no NCLB or AYP or PDQ or whatever other alphabetic mumbo jumbo we want to use to try to evaluate children's education.

But before I hop on my soap box, I need some allergy meds and sleep.

Some come back tomorrow for what I hope is a fantastic rant. In the meantime, read this:

Washington graduation rate 3rd lowest in Pa.

Or this. We didn't even make the P-G's radar.

State releases results under new way to calculate graduation rates

No comments:

Post a Comment